The County's Role in Paternity & Child Support Services
Every child needs financial and emotional support from both parents. Child support includes basic support, medical support, and childcare support. A court order can require 1 or both parents to provide child support for his or her child. The State of Minnesota and Crow Wing County child support offices work with both parents to help children receive the child support they deserve.
Crow Wing County Child Support Agency provides a variety of services to make sure that a child receives support.
- Locating parents
- Collecting and processing payments
- Changing an existing child support order
- Enforcing an existing child support order
- Identifying and verifying sources of income
- Getting a court order for child support
- Getting a court order for paternity / legally naming the father of a child born outside of marriage
- Giving legal advice
- Getting a separation or divorce
- Establishing or enforcing parenting time or visitation
- Collecting unpaid bills or debts not related to child support obligations
A person needing paternity and/or child support help may apply for child support services at Crow Wing County. An application for child support services is available by mail, please call 218-824-1260 to request an application.
Download from the Minnesota Child Support Enforcement Division. Application for Support and Collections Services and Information on Child Support Enforcement (DHS-1958) This form is available in Hmong, Somali, and Spanish.
How can I find out more about child support services:
- General questions on child support call Crow Wing County at 218-824-1260.
- Questions on applying for services call 218-824-1260.
- For more information on child support services go to State of Minnesota website.