Responsibilities & Services
Crow Wing County Emergency Management coordinates with local, state, and federal agencies to preserve life, property, and the well-being of our citizens from natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
Severe Weather Awareness - April 9th - 14th, 2018
Statewide Tornado Drills will be on Thursday, April 12th at 1:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. This is the perfect time for families, communities, schools and local businesses to review and talk about their emergency plan and how they can prepare for the upcoming severe weather season.
For more information on SKYWARN, visit National Weather Service - Duluth
FREE SKYWARN CLASS AVAILABLE:
Warnings and Alerts: Keeping Ahead of the Storm
Minnesotans should listen to a NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio and television for the latest winter storm warnings, watches and advisories. The National Weather Service issues outlooks, watches, warnings and advisories for all winter weather hazards. Here’s what they mean and what to do.
- OUTLOOK: Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2-5 days. Stay tuned to local media for updates.
- WATCH: Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 36-48 hours. Prepare now!
- WARNING: Life-threatening severe winter conditions have begun or will begin within 24 hours. Act now.
- ADVISORY: Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous. If you are cautious, these situations should not be life threatening. Electronic equipment is available to receive weather information: NOAA Weather Radio, radio, television, and cellphone.
Fact Sheet: NWS- Winter Weather Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Ways to Prevent Poultry Disease
- Guidance for Hunters - Protect Yourself and Your Birds From Avian Influenza