U of M Extension Crow Wing County
Making a difference by connecting community needs with university resources to address critical issues in the county, and beyond.
The following programs are offered through the Crow Wing County Extension office:
- Insect Identification. Email a photo of the insect to email@example.com to have it identified by a U of M entomologist.
- Soil Tests. Pick up a soil test kit at our office or visit soiltest.cfans.umn.edu for instructions.
- Pressure Canner Testing. Stop by our office to use our free pressure canner tester.
- Farm Info Line. Call 1-800-232-9077 to talk to an Extension Educator about agriculture and small acreage farm questions.
- Farm Resource Guide. Printed copies are available for $25.00 in the Extension office. A PDF download is available at no charge. Call to order.
- Household AnswerLine. Household experts can be reached at 1-800-854-1678 to help answer questions on topics such as cooking safety, canning and freezing foods, and stain removal.
- Other Questions? Call 218-824-1065 to speak with Crow Wing County Extension staff.
- University of Minnesota Extension. See what's available through the Extension main website.
Links of Interest
- Gardening Information. U of M Extension's online resource for information on Home Horticulture, Commercial Horticulture, and Pest Management.
- Oak Wilt Risk Status. The risk of oak wilt infecting trees varies depending on the time of year and weather conditions - visit this link to learn the current risk status.
- Home Food Preservation. Access resources on Home Food Preservation and learn about upcoming in-person and online classes.
- Preserving Food at Home Blog. Follow the National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP)'s blog for up-to-date information on current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation.
- Ag Lease 101. A resource for both land owners and land operators providing information on alternative lease arrangements (including sample written lease agreements for several alternatives).
- Farm Bill Educational Materials. Access online training materials developed in conjunction with USDA Farm Service Agency.
Customer Service Survey
We want to provide you with excellent customer service. To help us measure our success, please comment on the service you received. Thank you.
County Extension Committee
The County Extension Committee is comprised of nine members: two County Commissioners, Administrative Services Director, and six appointed citizens (one from each Commissioner District and one at-large).