COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
NEW: COVID-19 Vaccine Employer Toolkit
The COVID-19 Vaccine Employer Toolkit is now available. It is designed to direct employers to the resources they need to help their workforce get vaccinated safely and efficiently and to provide materials to educate employees about COVID-19 vaccines.
Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector
The Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector is a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. After you fill out a simple form, the Vaccine Connector will:
- alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine;
- connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment; and
- notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area.
How to Protect Yourself & Others
- Wear a mask - Everyone 2 and older should wear masks in public.
- Stay 6 feet away from others - Inside your home: Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Outside your home: Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don’t live in your household.
- Avoid crowds - Being in crowds like in restaurants, bars, fitness centers, or movie theaters put you at higher risk for COVID-19.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces - Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect - Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Monitor Your Health Daily - Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Get Vaccinated to Protect Against COVID-19 - COVID-19 vaccination is especially important for people who may be more likely to get very sick from COVID-19, such as older adults and people with certain medical conditions.
Need to get tested for COVID-19 in Crow Wing County? Visit our COVID-19 Testing page for more information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- MDH COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- CDC Travel Information and Guidance
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Updates From Local Healthcare Providers
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
- Essentia Health
- Riverwood Healthcare Center
- Mille Lacs Health System
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- Preventing the spread of COVID - 19 in long-term care facilities (CDC)
- COVID-19 FAQs (CDC)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Considerations for Communities of Faith
- Honoring Choices Minnesota Health Care Directive
- Local Food Resources
Make a Plan
Plan ahead for disasters. Learn how to stay safe. https://www.ready.gov
The Minnesota Helpline is available for COVID-19 related questions by calling 651-297-1304 or 800-657-3504. The Helpline is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
CDC phone number is 1-800-CDC-INFO or 1-800-232-4636.