COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
NEW: Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector
The Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector is a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. After you fill out a simple form, the Vaccine Connector will:
- alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine;
- connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment; and
- notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area.
How to Protect Yourself & Others
- Wear a mask - Everyone 2 and older should wear masks in public.
- Stay 6 feet away from others - Inside your home: Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Outside your home: Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don’t live in your household.
- Avoid crowds - Being in crowds like in restaurants, bars, fitness centers, or movie theaters put you at higher risk for COVID-19.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces - Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect - Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Monitor Your Health Daily - Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Get Vaccinated to Protect Against COVID-19 - COVID-19 vaccination is especially important for people who may be more likely to get very sick from COVID-19, such as older adults and people with certain medical conditions.
Need to get tested for COVID-19 in Crow Wing County? Visit our COVID-19 Testing page for more information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- MDH COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- CDC Travel Information and Guidance
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Updates From Local Healthcare Providers
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
- Essentia Health
- Riverwood Healthcare Center
- Mille Lacs Health System
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- Preventing the spread of COVID - 19 in long-term care facilities (CDC)
- COVID-19 FAQs (CDC)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Considerations for Communities of Faith
- Honoring Choices Minnesota Health Care Directive
- Local Food Resources
Make a Plan
Plan ahead for disasters. Learn how to stay safe. https://www.ready.gov
The Minnesota Helpline is available for COVID-19 related questions by calling 651-297-1304 or 800-657-3504. The Helpline is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
CDC phone number is 1-800-CDC-INFO or 1-800-232-4636.