The Crow Wing County Transportation Program (CWCTP) will provide safe, caring, and quality transportation services to and from the veteran’s VA facility of record and/or healthcare provider to which the veteran has been appropriately referred in order to eliminate transportation barriers and afford veterans access to the care they need.
• Rides can be added to the waiting list by calling 218-824-1058 and press option 1. Failing to leave a message on the van hotline may result in missed requests, please do not leave messages on other lines.
• Ride Requests should be made as soon as possible, but no later than 3 business days before the scheduled appointment. Rides are provided on a first come first serve basis, while we do our best to accommodate all appointments, rides are not guaranteed though the CWCTP.
• The CWCTP askes riders to try and schedule their appointments between 9:00am and 1:00pm for local (Brainerd area) and St. Cloud area appointments. For Minneapolis we ask riders to try not to schedule appointments before 9:00am or after 12:00pm when possible.
• Notify our office as soon as you know you have an appointment. Waiting to do so may result in the CWCTP not being able to provide transportation
• The rider can expect a call the day before the scheduled appointment between noon and 3pm. If we are unable to reach you or leave a message the ride will be cancelled.
• Transportation will only be provided for VA and VA approved appointments.
• The CWCTP cannot accommodate daily rides for ongoing appointments such as cancer treatments and dialysis. We will try to assist with rides when possible, please contact your healthcare team for assistance to ensure that you are able to get to all of your appointments.