Responsibilities & Services
Crow Wing County Emergency Management coordinates with local, state, and federal agencies to preserve life, property, and the well-being of our citizens from natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
About Crow Wing County ALERT: Get emergency alerts and optional community alerts by signing up for the Crow Wing County Emergency and Community Alerts program. This provides a means for County & City officials to notify you by phone, email, SMS TXT, and/or TTY/TDD, is elected by you. You create and control your enrollment profile, and your information is protected by a username and a password that you create. Using your username and your password, you may change or even delete your profile at any time.
For More Information on the Emergency and Community Alerts program see: Crow Wing County ALERT Opens a New Window.
For more information on SKYWARN, visit National Weather Service - Duluth Opens a New Window.
Warnings and Alerts: Keeping Ahead of the Storm
Minnesotans should listen to a NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio and television for the latest winter storm warnings, watches and advisories. The National Weather Service issues outlooks, watches, warnings and advisories for all winter weather hazards. Here’s what they mean and what to do.
- OUTLOOK: Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2-5 days. Stay tuned to local media for updates.
- WATCH: Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 36-48 hours. Prepare now!
- WARNING: Life-threatening severe winter conditions have begun or will begin within 24 hours. Act now.
- ADVISORY: Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous. If you are cautious, these situations should not be life threatening. Electronic equipment is available to receive weather information: NOAA Weather Radio, radio, television, and cellphone.
Fact Sheet: NWS- Winter Weather Terms Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
- Frequently Asked Questions Opens a New Window.
- Guidance for Hunters - Protect Yourself and Your Birds From Avian Influenza
- 6 Ways to Prevent Poultry Disease Opens a New Window.
- 50 Ways to Protect Your Home Opens a New Window.
- Brainerd Area Amateur Radio
- Family Emergency Plan
- "If You See Something, Say Something™" Campaign Opens a New Window.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety Opens a New Window.
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Severe Weather
- Winter Weather Awareness