U of M Extension Crow Wing County
1Making a difference by connecting community needs with university resources to address critical issues in the county, and beyond.
The following programs are offered through the Crow Wing County Extension office:
Agriculture Risk and Price Loss Coverage Programs
- MyMinnesota Woods Opens a New Window. - From topics such as Agroforestry; Invasives; Legal & Financial; Non-Timber Forest Products; , resources and News & Events, MyMinnesota Woods has the topic you are looking for
- Social Distancing and Enjoying Nature
- Watering newly planted trees and shrubss a New Window.
- Syrup Season is Here
- Orchid Gardening Tips
a New Window. 2020 Gardening Resolutions Opens a New Window.
- OpenWhat are the best carbon-capturing trees to plant Opens in New Window
- Smart Gardening - Choose plants with more than one purpose
- Opens in New Window Opens a New Window. Quick tips for safer veggie gardening
- Yard and Garden News!
- Insect Identification Email a photo of the insect to have it identified by a U of M entomologist
- Soil Tests
Pick up a soil test kit at our office or visit for instructions.
- Pressure Canner Testing
Stop by our office to use our free pressure canner tester.
- Farm Info Line
Call 1-800-232-9077 to talk to an Extension Educator about
agriculture and small acreage farm questions.
- Farm Resource Guide
Printed copies are available for $25.00 in the Extension office. A PDF download is available at no charge. Call to order.
- Household AnswerLine
Household experts can be reached at 1-800-854-1678 to help answer questions on topics such as cooking safety, canning and freezing foods, and stain removal.
- Gardening InformationOpens a New Window.
U of M Extension’s online resource for information on Home Horticulture, Commercial Horticulture, and Pest Management.
- Oak Wilt Risk StatusOpens a New Window.
The risk of oak wilt infecting trees varies depending on the time of year and weather conditions - visit this link to learn the current risk status.
- Home Food Preservation Opens a New Window.
Access resources on Home Food Preservation and learn about upcoming in-person and online classes.
- Preserving Food at Home Blog Opens a New Window.
Follow the National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP)’s blog for up-to-date information on current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation.
- Ag Lease 101 Opens a New Window.
A resource for both land owners and land operators providing information on alternative lease arrangements (including sample written lease agreements for several alternatives).
- Farm Bill Educational MaterialsOpens a New Window.
Access online training materials developed in conjunction with USDA Farm Service Agency.
- See what’s available through the University of Minnesota Extension
- Other Questions? Call 218-824-1065 to speak with Crow Wing County Extension staff.
Customer Service Survey
We want to provide you with excellent customer service. To help us measure our success, please comment on the service you received. Thank you.
County Extension Committee
The County Extension Committee is comprised of nine members: two County Commissioners, Administrative Services Director, and six appointed citizens (one from each Commissioner District and one at-large).