Extension Master Gardeners
The Master Gardener Program is an educational program designed to train volunteers to help other people in their communities with horticulture. The program was created in 1977 and is administered by U of M Extension.
Master Gardeners are trained in home horticulture by University specialists in exchange for volunteer work. This training enables Master Gardeners to be effective resources in their communities.
Crow Wing County Master Gardeners volunteer at many different events and projects within the county. To learn more about the events and projects listed below and many more visit our Crow Wing County Master Gardener Website.
- "Ask a Master Gardener" booth at county fair
- Rain garden and shoreland buffer plantings
- "Memory Garden" at Northland Arboretum
- Pelican Woods Cemetery and Nature Trail in Breezy Point
Other Events & Additional Information
- The next Zoom webinar event will be "The Cutting Garden and Language of Flowers" by Crow Wing County Master Gardener Jennifer Knutson. The purpose of a cutting garden is to produce an abundance of flowers all season long to harvest and use in floral arrangements. Information will be presented on choosing the right plants to grow, techniques for better flower production, and how to care for cut flowers. Cultural flower traditions and the symbolic meaning attributed to some flowers will be discussed.
This presentation will be on Tuesday, February 9th at noon. Registration is required.
Register by clicking the link:
- Giving Gardens
- Community Events and Presentations: for additional information about these events and presentations such as time, cost, and how to register, please contact the Master Gardener line at 218-454-4769.
- Adult Presentations at Brainerd Public Library
- Ask the Master Gardener Monthly Column
- Crow Wing County Master Gardener Helpline: 218-454-4769: this helpline is supported by Master Gardener volunteers. Please leave a message and a volunteer will return your call. This service is available to Crow Wing County residents.
- Like us on Facebook
- Master Gardener Program - State Report 2012 (PDF)
- Master Gardener Program - State Report 2011 (PDF)
- Master Gardener Program - State Report 2010 (PDF)